The Hourly Radio @ The Annex


Before I begin this review let me start off by saying that The Annex truly needs to change their evil ways. You've got a great club with decent sound in a prime location that attracts a good number of people, so don't be shmucks about the bands! Turns out We Are Americana got to the venue FIVE WHOLE MINUTES after they were supposed to and The Annex totally cancelled their appearance? WTF? Perhaps the space was on a tight schedule but seeing how every band on the bill came on at least 10/15 minutes after their 'advertised' time, the whole thing rings of BS. Sorry WAA.

In less bitter news, The Hourly Radio was truly amazing last night. I've never seen them before, but everything Jamie and Jen say is dead on. The band is strong and confident and have songs that can easily become anthems. Their sound is sort of Longwave meets Hope Of The States meets tiny hints of OK-Computer era Radiohead (yes, I said it). And it works wonderfully. I must also comment on the brilliant light show last night. I felt like I was seeing a show at Irving or Webster. Guys, whoever is in charge of making the stage look as gorgeous as it does, KEEP THEM! Here was my personal highlight of last night, 'Deaf Ears'.

How's your Friday going?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. i love music blog . All Rights Reserved
Home | Company Info | Contact Us | Privacy policy | Term of use | Widget | Site map
Design by Herdiansyah . Published by Borneo Templates